Are you on the lookout for a new job? Or know someone who is?
We are looking for a public minded and positive thinking Casual Neighbourhood Services Operative to work as part of our Neighbourhood Services team. With a focus on consistently delivering an exceptional environmental service, and to support the Neighbourhood Services team and colleagues across Peterlee Town Council as we serve the people of Peterlee and beyond. Duties include:
- A wide range of ground and building maintenance tasks utilising craft skills including for example, soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, bed preparation and planting.
- Maintaining sports pitches and play areas work as requested.
- Litter collecting and emptying litter waste bins.
- Seasonal maintenance internal and external including the planting of seasonal bedding schemes.
- Carry out arboriculture work including felling, pruning, shredding, and chipping.
- Use and basic maintenance of hand tools, equipment, vehicles, and plant including mowers, ride on mowers, strimmer’s, leaf blowers and tractors.
- Assist with the preparation and digging out of grave sites and maintenance of cemetery grounds.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- To ensure that plant, machinery, and equipment is properly used and cared for and that basic maintenance checks are carried out. Report all faults and defects to the responsible person as soon as possible.
- Ensure that personal protective clothing and equipment is used at all times.
- To ensure that all accidents, incidents, and vandalism details are reported to supervisory staff as soon as possible.
- To participate in training initiatives and CPD courses as requested.
- To undertake any task commensurate with the role and at the request of the Manager’s or Team Leader within Neighbourhood Services Department.
This is a casual position, Peterlee Town Council are under no obligation to offer you work, and you are under no obligation to accept any work offered. There is no minimum amount of shift hours offered per week. Normal working hours are: Monday to Thursday 7:30 until 15:30, Friday 7:30 until 15:00.
Please click on the links below for additional information and application form –
Job Description Casual NSO Job description
Application Form Casual NSO Application form
Candidate Information Casual NSO Candidate Information
Candidate Guidance Casual NSO Guidance Notes
Or, you can call for an application form 0191 5862491 (office hours only)
If you are interested in joining our team, then we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll need to complete the formal application form, but we’d also encourage you to get in touch with the Neighbourhood Services Manager Ian Hall on 07730834681 or email Ian.email@example.com, for an informal chat about the role before you do fill the form in.
Completed application forms need to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org